OIL LEAK – Immediate Actions
What to do if your oil tank leaks.
Have you discovered that your heating oil tank leaks or you have an oil spill in your home? Beware, as this could have a serious impact on your health.
An oil leak that is left untreated can pose several dangers to your home. It can cause major structural damage to your concrete foundations, floors, walls.
A large oil spill can even spread into your garden or your neighbours property.
Oil Spill Company – Nationwide Oil Leaks
We at Nationwide Oil Leaks have a large network of oil spill contractors who specialise in spills of oil, diesel and kerosene. As a specialist oil clean up company we can provide you with impartial expert advice on how to treat the oil leak damage. We can also advise you on what the implications of the oil spill in your home are. With all the different oil clean up methods that are available, we can adivise on the most cost effective way to clean up both domestic and commercial oil spills.
Our oil leak specialists can guide you through the oil spill remediation process step by step.
Is my oil leak covered by my insurance policy?
As experts in oil leak insurance claims, we can also advise if you are entitled to get the full cost of repairs covered under your home insurance.
Oil Spill Symptoms:
- Do you get an smell Oil in your home or around your property?
- Can you see a pool of oil or oil stains on the ground near your home heating oil tank?
- Are there damp oily patches or stains on the ground?
What are the signs of a leaking oil tank?
If you suspect that your oil tank is leaking, look out for the following signs;
- Grass around your oil tank discoloured or damaged?
- Damp patch underneath your oil tank?
- Concrete or gravel under your oil tank stained, black or discoloured?
- A strong oil smell?
What to do if your oil tank leaks
Identify the source of the oil leak and try to stem the flow if possible. Depending on where the oil spill has occurred, this could be done by switching off the valve at the oil tank. You could also arrange for the remaining contents of the oil tank to be temporarily removed.
- If spilled fuel is on the ground, try to absorb this wherever possible. This will prevent the spread of spilled fuel to nearby buildings or neighbouring property.
- Call Nationwide Oil Leaks on 1890 929555 to talk to a competent environmental consultant. Our remediation contractors can provide you with advice on the problem.
Notify your insurance company of your home oil spill. If you suspect that you have had an oil leak, you should notify your insurance company loss assessor as soon as possible.